I-75 Project Update
The upcoming southbound I-75 closure begins February 4, 2017. Details regarding this closure are as follows:
- Southbound I-75 closes 2/4/17, in Detroit (depending on weather);
- For southbound I-75 traffic, the detour will be to utilize westbound I-96 to southbound I-275 to southbound I-75.
- For local traffic: There will be one lane of southbound I-75 available from westbound I-96 to the Springwells exit only. This one lane is for local residents, businesses, and deliveries.
- These local drivers may decide to use M-85/Fort St, Jefferson, Dix or try westbound I-94 or Michigan Ave to other southbound roads as alternate routes.
- The re-entry point to southbound I-75 is at Northline/Allen Rd in the Taylor/Southgate area during 2017 and Sibley Rd in 2018;
- Northbound I-75 will remain open during the entire 2-year project duration;
Project details and detour maps can be found at 75RougeRiver.com. Please utilize the MI Drive App or website for accurate information on travel assistance. http://mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/