Phone: (734) 789-2338
City of Flat Rock
Accepting Applications for
Paid-on-Call Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Rate of Pay: $13.50 - $18.50 per hour
Under the general direction of department officers, employees in these positions function as crewmembers responding to fires, medical emergencies and other hazardous incidents. Personnel respond on a per-call basis. Also, may work on pre-scheduled 12 hour shifts.
Significant time is required during the first twelve-eighteen months of employment for classroom and departmental training, depending on previous training and certification. Significant study time is required for EMT and firefighter training.
Note: This job narrative is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be all-inclusive or limiting relative to specific job duties.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 18 years of age
- Live within the community or 3 mile from the City's border (as determined by the Flat Rock Fire Department)
- Ability to read, retain and recall technical and non-technical information
- Valid Michigan driver's license with a satisfactory driving record including no more than four (4) points currently on record
Note: The selected candidate must possess an acceptable criminal history record as determined by the Flat Rock Fire Department
- Michigan Firefighter Training Council Firefighter II Certification
- State of Michigan EMT, EMT Specialist or EMT Paramedic license
- Experience in firefighting
- Experience as an EMT
Post Hire Requirements
- Attend required training
- Meet departmental attendance and performance requirements